- To develop human and natural resources in FATA.
- To provide conducive atmosphere to ensure active participation of the tribals in the development efforts for the tribal areas.
- To provide training to the tribal youth enabling them to become useful and self-sufficient citizens of the country.
- To explore and develop the natural resources of the tribal areas to make the tribals the beneficiaries of the resources.
- To provide opportunities to the tribal people in the industrial sector by facilitating setting up of industries in their areas.
- To provide opportunities to the tribal people for improving their agriculture by providing necessary water facilities to the deficient areas through small dams.
- To provide better education to the tribals in the technical & vocational sectors.
- Assessment of Potentials for Economic Development
- Preparation of Survey, Feasibility Reports, and Projects
- Industrial Development
- Development of Minerals
- Development of Water Resources
- Skills Development and Technical Education
- Any other sector assigned by the Governor