FATA has been bestowed with huge natural resources. Detail of major minerals resources along with extraction figures of 2017-18 are as below:
|S/No||Name Of Mineral||Indicated Reserves (Approx.)||Proven Reserves||Present Extraction (2017-18)|
|13||Cement grade Limestone||800||460||2.0|
FATA DA has initiated a number of minerals exploration, infrastructure development and private sector facilitation projects which, on completion, will provide basis for planning minerals sector activities on scientific lines. This will promote confidence building of private sector for investment resulting in generation of enormous employment opportunities and supply of indigenous raw material to the local industry. The date generated is shared with the public and privates investors, as a result, minerals production has been increased manifold and accordingly minerals royalty has enhance from Rs.80 million to Rs.130 million.
Achievements in Oil & Gas exploratory activities are detailed below:
During last one year, various Oil & Gas companies including OGDCL, Al-Haj Enterprises Pvt Ltd, BGP (Pakistan), Xian Senshe, Geofysika Krakow and MOL (Pakistan) have launched exploration activities in different Agencies/FRs and established base camps and fly camps there. Details of these blocks are as under:
- 15 blocks have been allotted to various National and Multinational Exploration and Production Companies in erstwhile FATA
- OGDCL has completed 2D seismic data acquisition in Latamber and Kohat Block
- Al-Hajj Enterprises (Private) Limited has completed 2D Seismic data acquisition in Baska North block and will commence drilling by the end of 2018.
- MOL has completed surface geological mapping & gravity survey in Tal Block (NWA, FR Bannu) and now planning for 2D Seismic Survey.
- BGP (Pakistan) International, contractor of OGDCL has completed 2D Seismic survey in Wali block.Two mega Geological structures were identified in the area, further interpretation/investigation of collected Seismic Data Acquisition is in process.
- 2800 local Tribesmen were attached with these Oil & Gas Companies in their respective areas for on job services
- More than Rs. 3.5 billion were invested so far by Oil & Gas Companies (Lease Holders) in erstwhile FATA – a historical milestone
- Two new blocks i.e. Wana Block(SWA) and Mir Ali Block(NWA) have been identified for further attraction of Investment and creation of job opportunities for locals in erstwhile FATA