During last one year, various Oil & Gas companies including OGDCL, Al-Haj Enterprises Pvt Ltd, BGP (Pakistan), Xian Senshe, Geofysika Krakow and MOL (Pakistan) have launched exploration activities in different Agencies/FRs and established base camps and fly camps there. Details of these blocks are as under:
- 2D Seismic data acquisition has been completed in Latambar Block (FR Bannu), Kohat Block (FR Peshawar, FR Kohat and Lower Orakzai Agency) by OGDCL and Baska North Block (FR DI Khan & SWA) by Al-Hajj Enterprise Pvt Ltd (AEPL).
- MOL has completed surface geological mapping and gravity survey in Tal Block (NWA & FR Bannu) and now planning for 2D Seismic survey is in process.
- BGP (Pakistan) contractor of OGDCL has completed 20% of the total planned 2D Seismic survey in Wali (FR Tank, FR Lakki Marwat and South Waziristan Agency)
- 2200 locals (skilled and unskilled) were employed by these companies in their respective activities.
- For the first time in the history of FATA, more than 30 billion rupees have been invested by various exploration and production companies for investigation of oil and gas in FATA.
- These oil and gas companies have constructed drinking water facility in their respective blocks/areas and awarded labour, food, water supply and fuel contracts to concerned locals.
- In addition, these companies have established free medical camps in the respective blocks/areas and distributed free medicines among the locals.